This rice pudding was so thick and rich tasting, I thought it was full fat. The taste is luxurious and it’s delicious.
- 6 cups fat free half and half
- 2/3 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- optional raisins
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot combine milk, rice, sugar, vanilla and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover pot and continue to cook, stirring often, until rice is very tender and pudding has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove pot from heat and let pudding cool for 5 minutes.
- Optional: soak desired amount of raisins in water to plump. Add and stir in.
- Pour into a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
Mom Approved and Kid Tested :OD
xoxo ~ Tina